The high quality tungsten carbide is recessed deep into the steel body giving a durable and lasting tool.Various heads are available for either hand use or pneumatic machine attachment.The tools are also hardened to avoid splitting and mushroom-shaping.
Made by craftsman in Sweden and probably the finest stone chisel on the market.
This range of “Skrap” chisels,having thinner tungsten carbide is not intended for pitching or excessive stone removal.It is a channeling,lettering ,chiseling or detailing chisel.
NOT TO BE HIT HARD AS IT HAS A THIN TUNGSTEN TIP.
TO BE USED ONLY FOR DETAIL WORK ONLY.
Using the tools.
– Use the correct size.
– On uneven surfaces it is advised to hit lightly until the full width of carbide is in contact with the stone.
– Hit with the full width of the tool.
– Grinding advice
– Do not grind the carbide too sharp.
– After grinding, give an edge to the corners
– Do not overheat.Do not Quench .
– Hold the chisel steady against the grinding disc